top of page



In 1865, a small group of people met in the Beaver Dam school with Elder Wesley Lovett to consider holding church services. The community, founded in 1844, included a grocer, post office, carpenter, sawmill, planing mill, school, homes and even a boardwalk.  Now only a church remains and a park where the school once stood.

In 1872 the land was obtained and the Winebrenner Church of God erected a structure 34' x 44'. This building was dedicated on November 18, 1898 as the Beaver Dam Church of the United Brethren in Christ with Rev. J.T. Keesey serving as minister.  The first Sunday School class was held in January 1897. In 1946 the church became the Beaver Dam Evangelical United Brethren Church.

The church assumed the name Beaver Dam United Methodist Church in 1968 when the Methodist and the Evangelical United Brethren denominations were joined.

Remodeling and addition changes occurred in the years 1912, 1948, 1967 and 1994. Lakeside Services at Beaver Dam Lake were started in 1987.

​In 2023, Beaver Dam disaffiliated from the United Methodist Church and joined the Global Methodist Church, becoming Beaver Dam Community Church. 

bottom of page